Re: ULE Implementation plans.

Gorry,

I am the product line manager for a Thales product which made the IP
encapsulation over DVB/ATSC: Opal.
This product is well known for broadcaster and we already have deployed this
product in many places (we have leadership in Europe). Also we have a complete
end to end IP over satellite solution for unicast (pull) and multicast (push). I
attach to this mail the leaflet of the Opal gateway product.
We will implement the ULE encapsulation in our gateway. We have planned to have
a new release of our gateway for end Q1 2004 which will have this feature. Of
course we can have a beta version before.
Our main problem to validate this encapsulation will be the receiver side. Do
you know some receiver manufacturer which will implement the ULE
des-encapsulation?

If you have any question, don't hesitate to contact me.

Regards,

Richard Lhermitte

Gorry Fairhurst a écrit :

> I know a number of companies are currently testing ULE implementations, or
> have said that they plan to implement ULE in the short-term. In the light of
> this, I'd like to allocate some Agenda time to feedback implementation
> experience...
>
> If you are planning do an implementation of the proposed encapsulation in
> the short-term (i.e. Possibly before it becomes an RFC), can you please let
> me know, and I'll add you to the list. Please also let me know:
>
> (i) Expected platform (including whether it is cable; terrestrial; serial
> interface; satellite; etc)
>
> (ii) If you have already started and now have some feedback that you can
> share with the WG.
>
> Please send to me, and I'll compile a list.
>
> Look forward to hearing from you,
>
> Gorry

begin:vcard
n:LHERMITTE;Richard
tel;fax:(+33) 2 99 22 79 31
tel;work:(+33) 2 99 22 79 49
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
org:Thales Broadcast & Multimedia;NMS
adr:;;40, rue de Bray;35510 Cesson Sevigne;;;France
version:2.1
email;internet:richard.lhermitte@thales-bm.com
title:Multimedia Server Product Line Manager
x-mozilla-cpt:;11808
fn:Richard LHERMITTE
end:vcard