Re: IESG WG Review: IP over DVB (ipdvb)

IP over DVB (ipdvb)

... Snip
The current list of work items is:

1. Issue an Internet Draft specifying Requirements and Framework for
supporting IP services via MPEG-2 transmission networks. Such requirements

So, its is more IP-over-MPEG2 rather tah IP-over-DVB. Am I correct ?

... Snip
2. The working group will investigate and design an efficient encapsulation
method for IPv4/IPv6, and advance this via the IESG to a standards-track
RFC. The design needs to consider the need for MAC addresses, the potential
need for synchronisation between streams, support for IPv6 and multicast
Is there not a risk of mixing different layers ? because this notion is
more a DVB one ?

Are the systems over MPEG-2 such as DVB, ATSC, ISDB-T ... compatible in
terms of stream synchronisation ?

Anyway, what is the purpose of such sync between IP flows and other
streams ? or between IP flows ? shouldn't it be more a pb to be solved
at application and/or transport level (using RTP) rather than at a
newtork level ?

Well, I maybe I missed some importants points, but if this feature is
important/needed/whatever, why is it not in the requirement draft ?

Regards.
Alain

--
Alain RITOUX