Re the encapsulation I-Ds...

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-fair-ipdvb-ule-00.txt
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-clausen-ipdvb-enc-01.txt

    A couple of comments which apply to both documents...

    ENH - Re Section 5.2, Last Paragraph

        In most cases, latency will be more important.  But, in some cases, a
trade-off for more efficiency might be desirable.  So, how about having the
encapsulator optionally support waiting N milliseconds for another SNDU, where
N is configurable with a default value of 0?

    IMP - General

        As far as I can tell, there is no way a receiver can automatically
detect which encapsulation method is being used by the encapsulator (between
these two methods or between one of these methods and the DVB-S standard
mechanism(s)).  Therefore, I am assuming the receiver knows a priori via
configuration (or some other means, independent from the encapsulation
itself), probably associates with the PID being used.  Of course, I may have
just missed the subtleties which allow automatic detection of the method.  My
real point is that a sentence or two in the introductory material re how the
receiver knows which encapsulation method is being used should be included in
the documents.

John Border
Hughes Network Systems, Inc.