New mailing list documents

Two new "draft" Internet Drafts are now available for comments.

Lightweight Encapsulation rev 01
http://www.erg.abdn.ac.uk/users/gorry/ip-dvb/ids/draft-unisal-ipdvb-enc-01.txt

Ultra Lightweight Encapsulation (ULE) rev 00
http://www.erg.abdn.ac.uk/users/gorry/ip-dvb/ids/draft-fair-ipdvb-ule-00.txt

These two drafts capture the comments the authors have received on the encapsulation.
In answering the comments from people concerning how to implement, we discovered
there were in fact two varients of the protocol.

* One was oriented to a wide range of transport services and was based
on PES
  packets - it thus could be used in a very flexible way. It employs the AFC
  bits and an adaptation field for framing.

*  The other approach (ULE)  is based solely on "raw" transport streams.
   This does NOT use the adaptation field, and it can NOT be used for
PES streams.
   It uses a pointer signalled by the PUSI to synchronise framing.

To get the best possible feedback, and to avoid confusion when we
discuss these,
the authors agreed to split the protocols into the two separate drafts.
That's why
you suddenly see two ID's in place of the one. So, let's debate the pros/cons!

We can go forward with one of these, both of these in a combined encapsulation,
or some other scheme - if there are comments, suggestions, please do say soon!

Gorry & Bernhard.