Re: DVB-GBS Status Update May 2002

I attended the meeting of the DVB-GBS group will be on 13-5-05 (Helsinki)
to investigate possible closer collaboration with this group,
particularly on the subject of address resolution.

Alexander Adolf chaired the meeting and provided an overview of the
current work items in DVB-GBS relating to IP.

There was then a useful and informative exchange of ideas and a review
of the current status of both groups. For the ip-dvb side, I provided
a summary of the work of this group and the proposed charter.

Copies of my slides are at:

http://www.erg.abdn.ac.uk/users/gorry/ip-dvb/meetings/13-5-02-DVB-GBS/

The meeting provided an opportunity to see the different approaches and
goals used by "Internet people", "DVB TV people", and those in between.
On the basis of this meeting, there could be much constructive collaboration.
I would like to encourage a closer working with this group, and the
work of the ip-dvb group.

Gorry Fairhurst
May 2002.