RE: MPE, is it necessary?

Gorry:
> I'd argue it is inefficient (especially in terms of header processing)

Do you have a report on this subject: experimental or simulated evidence?

> i want ask him, if i put directly IP packets in MPEG TP, and

Do you mean using the "data piping" option of DVB standards?

> another thing, can some one tell me how many multicast adress are used
> until now? and since when? and how many they will be in the future, in
> your opinion?

You can start from...
http://www.iana.org/assignments/multicast-addresses
...and...
http://www.iana.org/assignments/ipv6-multicast-addresses
...where you will find an up-to-date list of official assignments.

It is impossible to say how many addresses will be used in future and the use of "link local" and domain administered ranges means that it is non-trivial to get data on the number of addresses used (inc. overlapping/colliding address usage).

Best regards,
Rod Walsh