Re: Clear presentation, please :).

> i've read all the archive paper, but every time i found i misunderstood,
> what the writer would say.
> I hope some one to present clear simple explanation of:
> -> the steps to do from an IP paquet to MPEG2 TS.
> for example:
>        |ip paquet(1500 bytes for example)|
> |

>        |encapsulated in What ?|
> ?
> |
> |MPEG TS| + |MPEG TS| +|MPEG TS| + ..

I suggest you read the ETSI document EN 301 192 "DVB specification for data
broadcasting". This explains the various modes the DVB consortium sees for
transmitting IP datagrams over MPEG-2 Transport Stream packets (188 byte
cells).

> another question: i've read that "we can map IP Networks to PID", but in
> multicasting how we can do that, we don't have a netword adress, as i
> know..!?
An MPEG PID identifies a broadcast channel, not a point-to-point link; but
you may map a network ID to a PID. But don't forget that the properties of a
satellite network (a typical LFN) are vastly different from those of a true
LAN.

--cls