Re: First draft for discussion at DVB

Adrian, you ask important questions, and I'd like to get a sounding
from the rest of this list too.

IF OTHER PEOPLE HAVE VIEWS / INFORMATION - please tell the list.

Adrian Jelffs wrote:

> Hi Gorry,
>
> Just trying to understand a little more about the situation!
>
> Are you going to the CM meeting?

I (gorry) do not intend to be at the Commercial Module meeting.

> Who will be making the presentation?

Keith Fenwick kindly prepared the draft for the DVB-CM. At that
time he did volunteer to present a composite document representing
our joint case. --- All contributions welcome from the list,
I'll post a revised copy today with the feedback so far.

> Do you think this is going to be the only presentation on this topic?

If there were to be several, I hope that those in favour of the composite
document would try to avoid conflicting presentations.

> Do you know of any other presentations?

Not yet - does anyone else know?

> Do you have an agenda for the meeting?

The meeting I gather is postponed until the 12th.
Is anybody aware of relevent issues being raised?

> Cheers
>
> Adrian

---------------

A second issue concerns a question over WHICH IS THE BEST FORUM?

It has more recently been suggested that document should be
sent to the DVB-TM, not the DVB-CM. Now that DVB is aware that
problems exist, it may be more important to bring the technical
issues to the TM, where they may meet a more appropriate audience?

Any views?

The 44th TM meeting is on 21-22 November.

N.B.
**IF** there is a desire to advance to raise this as a BoF within the
IETF this year, we need to give notice to the relevant IETF area
Director
by (approx) the end of October. BoF sessions intended to form
Working Groups are limited to a few each meeting. Of course,the IETF
meets three times a year - so there will be other opportunites next year.

<<snip>>