Welcome to ip-dvb

Dear ip-dvb list member,

This message serves two purposes.

* The first is to verify to you that you have joined this list.
You are invited to send messages to ip-dvb@erg.abdn.ac.uk

* The second purpose is to tell you what the list is supposed
to achieve.  The aim of the list is to allow people who
understand IP matters to meet those who are involved in
DVB matters. In bringing together these groups of people,
I hope to encourage formation of a better encapsulation and
supporting protocols for IP over DVB networks.  I believe this
requires some open debate, and hope this provides the
opportunity.

Gorry Fairhurst